Prev: Re: [DS] Irregular NSF Figures Next: [DS2] Dirtside II FAQ updated!

Fw: Forwarded DS2 questions

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 23:01:26 +1200
Subject: Fw: Forwarded DS2 questions

Hi, Warner.
I'm Andrew Martin. I've got some answers for your Dirtside II questions.

> 1. Are VTOLs treated just like ground units when in low/grounded mode.
And
just like Aerospace when in high mode?

That's about right.

> 2. So, LAD and ADS cannot fire at low VTOLs - right? No opportunistic
at low VTOLs, yeah?

In our games, we agree that LAD and ADS can fire at low VTOLs, provided
there's line of sight.

> 3. Artillery versus VTOLs in low mode. Am I looking at this right? If
beaten zone includes some VTOLs in it, and they have already activated,
then
the VTOLs get hit. Just seems a bit odd to me that you can guarantee a
hit
with artillery on top of something moving 30 inches.

That's right. Consider that the VTOLs have come to halt inside the burst
area of the artillery HEF or are valid targets for MAK submunitions.

> 4. I assume there is a forum somewhere which is specifically for
asking
these type of questions, where is it please?

There's the GZG email list where you can talk about Dirtside II, Star
Grunt,
Full Thrust and Full Metal Anorak. The writer of these games and the
maker
of the models is a regular poster to the list. Have a look at the
Dirtside
II FAQ at:
	http://valley.webpicturebook.com/Dirtside/FAQ/index.html
for more information on subscribing.