Prev: Re: John Atkinson and Turkeys.... Next: Re: Suited Soldiers, was Re: [DS] Irregular NSF Figures

Re: "Suited" Soldiers, was Re: [DS] Irregular NSF Figures

From: devans@n...
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 08:03:21 -0500
Subject: Re: "Suited" Soldiers, was Re: [DS] Irregular NSF Figures

>What if your foe was sea based (aquatic aliens or the Cousteauean
nation
on a balkanized planet

If memory serves, Alan Brain has 'civilized' (as opposed to merely
intelligent) dolphins in his OU; unfortunately, I can't seem to connect
with his web site to see if he's written up about this.

However, in doing extrasolar battles, I should think that ecologies,
even
restricted to moderately interesting ones, will pretty much require
protection. Liquid water is just another fluid like air, compared to
even
slight variations in temp, chemistry, and pressure. It's when you get to
super-compressed, super cold/hot, vacuum, or highly corrosive that kits
would get really interesting.

Mind you, much of our own ocean has impressive, to current engineering,
pressures, and interesting chemistry near vents.

However, ask a vacc-head...

The_Beast

Prev: Re: John Atkinson and Turkeys.... Next: Re: Suited Soldiers, was Re: [DS] Irregular NSF Figures