Prev: RE: [OT] Back from SALUTE Next: Re: Basing GZG 25mm Figures

Re: Basing GZG 25mm Figures

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 10:40:23 -0400
Subject: Re: Basing GZG 25mm Figures

At 10:25 AM 4/27/03 -0400, you wrote:
>    Greetings All,
>    I recently bought the GZG April Fools Stargrunt deal, so I'm
sitting
>on 48 25mm figures.  I know in the rules they recommend 1 inch wide
>bases, and there are occasions where that inch can be important, but
I'm
>not particularly eager to stick such small figures on such a large base

>- it seems out of proportion to me.  I notice on some webpages and even

>in the rule book figures are occasionally used with just the molded on
>base, and I'm thinking of going that route.  Has anyone had any serious

>problems with that strategy?  My major concern is with the figures
>standing up actually.	All my terrain is in another city, so I can't
>take them for a "test stand" on my hills and so forth.

For the sake of consistancy, I mounted all my GZG guys on washers.
1/2", I
think -- maybe 3/4".  It does have the side benefit of making them more
stable as well, but they seemed to be plenty stable on their own.  On a
really steep slope, the washer base would probably come in handy,
though.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: RE: [OT] Back from SALUTE Next: Re: Basing GZG 25mm Figures