Prev: Re: Basing GZG 25mm Figures Next: Re: Basing GZG 25mm Figures

RE: [OT] Back from SALUTE

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 15:36:47 +0100
Subject: RE: [OT] Back from SALUTE

>>What? No pic of Amazon's rented real-life Lara Croft lookalike (mind
>you, looked a bit
>>like a bloke to me..... <grin>) or Mel, our very own Perky Goth
>booth-babe....?*
>
>Oh no Jon, there must be some perks to attending the show. I got to see
>Mel, it was indeed Mel who fulfilled my GZG miniature needs. To all
>those who weren't there, well too bad :)

Well, as long as you got your needs fulfilled....  ;-)

Mel enjoyed herself, and hopefully we may manage to drag her along to
other
shows occasionally - considering she'd never actually worked behind the
stall before I think she did a pretty good job, given the frantic nature
of
the day. It was her first experience of a proper wargame show (she's
been
to Dragonmeet a couple of times - one year in full Gilly costume!)  - at
least now she believes us about just what Salute is like...
(Plus she's a regular Anime con-attendee, so wargamers seem positively
normal by comparison....)
:-)

Jon (GZG)

PS: there's a chap we know who goes to the anime cons who makes a FAR
more
convincing Lara Croft than the "professional" one at Salute, and that is
REALLY scary thought....   ;-)