Prev: Re: [OT] Thank-you note for the troops Next: Re: [OT] Thank-you note for the troops

Re: [OT] Thank-you note for the troops

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 14:07:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Thank-you note for the troops

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Ryan M Gill wrote:

> At 2:48 PM -0500 4/4/03, Roger Books wrote:
> >You are of course correct, that is unless we want to actually avoid
> >a flamewar on the list.
>
> Well, John isn't here so it shouldn't be that big...He'll be sad he
> missed it. I can imaging his response....
>
> Damn I hope he's ok. He's going to be in quite the demand for all
> those canal and river crossings in Bagdad.

I think - from comments John made before leaving, and the current news -
that he's probably on a ship somewhere around the Straits of Hormuz,
having spent a few weeks sailing in circles off Turkey. He's probably
worried he's going to miss the interesting parts of the show... I know
he
said he'd volunteered as a shipboard vehicle-babysitter, and I think his
Corp is the one that was supposed to deploy to Turkey before the Turks
decided not to follow all of Washington's script.

Look, my comment about keeping pro/anti-war msgs off-list was based on
the
wording of the original forward - it had a pro-war slant, IMO.
"Defending
our freedom" and similar propaganda not applicable to the current
situation.

It was NOT based on contempt for troops anywhere, onlist or off. I'm not
going to fall into the trap of blaming the soldiers for the orders
they're
given.

Now, if anyone really, really wants to debate further, let's get it OFF
LIST. I was going to talk to Laserlight about it off-list, until the
thread resurfaced here.

Brian.