Prev: Re: pigeons, etc. Next: RE: Swirling Genres

Re: [OT] Question from the news

From: glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:16:14 PST
Subject: Re: [OT] Question from the news

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 22:17:36 EST DOCAgren@aol.com writes:
<snip

>This way you can see that we are once more doing a greater damage to
>ourselves then the enemy is doing to us.
>
>DOC Agren
>a Long time lurker, and random poster.

Being an old military historian by one college degree, I can honestly
say
it is my impression that the ratio of combat casualties since about 1500
BC have been less than non-combat casuaties in most wars if not all  (I
wish I had the URL to STD [gonoorrhea, et. al.] statistics but i don't
do
that anymore.)	And think about how young almost adult drivers drive
through most urban neighborhoods and I would expect more vehicular
casualties except for a remanent of discipline and maturity from
Basic/Technical Training, "If I live, the Sarge will kill me," and some
overworked MP's.  And maybe a little Grace of God...

Gracias,
Glenn

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Prev: Re: pigeons, etc. Next: RE: Swirling Genres