Prev: RE: pigeons, etc. Next: RE: pigeons, etc.

Possible New Minor Power

From: "staremu" <star_emu@h...>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 19:21:12 -0600
Subject: Possible New Minor Power

I have been thinkign on some stuff lately and I've come up with what I
think is an interesting new minor power.  My idea was for a developement
of the Catholic Church in the future.

What I envision is a single world, I'm calling it Nova Roma.  This world
would be in FSE space but anexed to The Church.  The world is an
interesting enigma, politically.  Because it is technically owned by The
Church the FSE does not have a military presence on the planet.  To
preserve access to the world and to keep peace among the various
international powers who would be at play there, UNSC provides system
protection as well as maintainign routes to and from the planet and the
escort of ships travellign these routes.  The Church itself would
maintain a support and defensive navy but nothign as grande as to be a
threat to any world.

 The main military arm of The Church would be an enhanced, much more
robust contingent of Swiss Guards maybe a couple batallians of infantry
and some armor assets.	These forces would be for defense of the planet
and the key metropolis, New Vatican City.

This leaves a few questions however.  Are the Swiss still just a
terrestrial power or are they trans-stellar?  Also, what minis would
work well for Swiss Guards?  Any comments, suggestions.

Eli

Prev: RE: pigeons, etc. Next: RE: pigeons, etc.