Prev: Re: Wasn't this From our little group orginally? Next: Possible New Minor Power

RE: pigeons, etc.

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:30:13 +1000
Subject: RE: pigeons, etc.

On Friday, March 28, 2003 6:51 PM, Thomas Barclay
[SMTP:kaladorn@magma.ca]
wrote:
> 4. Following Beth's comment: Imagine the
> pigeon as a cheap and effective air pressure
> leak detector for the space navy. (Or toxic fume
> detector... either work... when the pigeon keels
> over, get the heck into a vacc suit on canned
> air).

Not so farfetched.  When I watched the movie "K-19", one of the
engineering
crew had a rodent in a cage which was seen to keel over dead after the
reactor started leaking.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies - 37°47'S 144°56'E
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/

Prev: Re: Wasn't this From our little group orginally? Next: Possible New Minor Power