Prev: Re: SG2 ESU OOB Next: Mad Crimmins

Re: SG2 ESU OOB

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@p...>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:45:14 -0000
Subject: Re: SG2 ESU OOB

On 26 Mar 2003 at 8:17, James Hopper wrote:

> I recently purchased a platoon's worth of SG2 ESU figures from GZG and
> avoided the ones with the "cammo cape", just because I thought that
whole
> concept seemed a bit contrived.

Why? Isn't camouflage important? Isn't staying warm and dry
important? The cape helps with both. It's not super-tech and it
doesn't give any game effects.

> Is the ESU the only side that employs this garment?

They're the only ones modelled with it, and thus the only ones for
whom it's mentioned in the SG2 background fluff. Other forces
probably have their own solutions to the camouflage and staying warm
and dry issues; and these solutions may or may not be combined in one
and may or may not involve capes.

> Have I just violated canon by my decision?!

Of course not. All your troops have those capes anyway. They just
have the rolled up in their packs rather than worn. Obviously they're
fighting in nice weather.

	Steve
--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://steve.pugh.net/gzg/meta-faq.txt

Steve Pugh   <steve@pugh.net>	<http://steve.pugh.net/>

Prev: Re: SG2 ESU OOB Next: Mad Crimmins