Prev: Re: SG2 ESU OOB Next: Re: SG2 ESU OOB

Re: SG2 ESU OOB

From: devans@n...
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:41:03 -0600
Subject: Re: SG2 ESU OOB

Please forgive the views of a vac-head; I'm sure you'll be getting
points
of view from better informed gropos. However, I am in the main an ESU
vac
head.

***
I recently purchased a platoon's worth of SG2 ESU figures from GZG and
avoided the ones with the "cammo cape", just because I thought that
whole
concept seemed a bit contrived.
***

Of course, you covered the 'Obviously, my platoon can be outfitted
however
I decide' truth, but I assumed that the cape had other properties. If I
remember my ancient history (read, when I was young), the VC used
fire-resistant capes that gave some protection from napalm. Also, while
larger target, the cape might increase the indistinct shape necessary
for
good cammo. Finally, the cape would have a large surface area, perhaps
useful for discreet dumping of heat and reducing IR signature, or other
uses I'm having trouble imagining at the moment.

As for canon, I'm sure there are enough forces deployed in enough places
allow for wild swings of variety, even in as rigid a structure as we've
imagined for the ESU.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: SG2 ESU OOB Next: Re: SG2 ESU OOB