Prev: Re: [OT] RE: unsubscribe gzg-l Next: FH, plausable?

[sort of OT] Richards query

From: "bobdea" <BOBDEA@t...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:47:37 +0100
Subject: [sort of OT] Richards query

I returned a while back in lurk mode but this one interests me.
Richard Kirke said
 closer to on-topic: With the effective immasculation of the UN and
> NATO where does this leave us with regards to the world unfolding as
stated
> in the Tuffleyverse?

   Strangely enough I am currently writing a background for my vaguely
Tuffley based galaxy at present and have been considering the present
situation in light of my scribblings. Frighteningly enough it fits
rather
well. You need to consider the statement from an opposite view not as an
emasculation of the UN but as a deliberate move to isolate an
increasingly
imperialistic US.

<DEEP BREATH>
US and slightly reluctant UK ally go right ahead and invade Iraq. Easy
victory but then find that Iraq is easier to swallow than digest. The UK
takes it's share of the spoils but because of economic and diplomatic
commitments withdraw from the region. The  north, west and south are
formed
into semi independent states while the heavily US occupied central and
eastern region become a seriously deepening security problem. With all
the
stops removed extremist Muslim groups use the area as a recruiting
ground.
Worldwide terrorism against the US forces it into an increasingly
isolationist position. Large scale and high casualty terrorist attacks
on
mainland US heavily undermine public confidence and spending . US
economy
goes into a downward spiral despite new found oil wealth. Positioned
worsened by it's continued support of Israel who are now subject of
serious
UN debate which as a result of US isolationist vetoes becomes seriously
hamstrung. The resultant frustration experienced in the Muslim world
will
eventually lead to the act that destroys the state of Israel. meanwhile
the
UK repairs it's political links in Europe and uses it's long history of
diplomatic skills to assist in rebuilding of the UN as a relevant body
All is set for the events that unfold in the Tuffleyverse.

 Will this fly???
Bob DeAngelis

Bob DeAngelis

Prev: Re: [OT] RE: unsubscribe gzg-l Next: FH, plausable?