Prev: Re: OT: Time to Bomb Saddam... Next: Re: Delete Keys OT (Was OT: Time to Bomb Saddam...)

Delete Keys OT (Was OT: Time to Bomb Saddam...)

From: <hal@b...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 02:59:28 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Delete Keys OT (Was OT: Time to Bomb Saddam...)

>> Please - don't let the few "whiners" create a "Politically correct"
>> crowd mentality of "Lets not rock the boat" - stiffling what ever
>> freedom of expression that many enjoy in their lives.
>
> I have seen too many episodes on this list where the "whiners" were
the
> "politically incorrect" people. Any vaguely critical mail about gun
> control or other issues dear to some Americans got drowned in
> unfriendly responses.
>
> Greetings
> Karl Heinz

Hello Karl,
  As long as people remember to be polite and recall the fact that we
  *all* here can be *friends* despite our differences in opinion, it
  shouldn't be a problem.  As for all of this - once you see that there
  are some less genteel individuals here, ignore them, ignore the thread
  they are engaging in, and shake your head at what you preceive  to be
  lack in manners.  Best of all, realize that if you do engage in a
  commentary that is not well liked by the others - that perhaps you are
  ruffling *their* feathers enough to get them to think.  They may swing
  towards your point of view, or they may keep to their point of view.
  Hopefully, the views they hold are the result of having to think about
  it and determine why it is right or wrong in their eyes.
  I firmly believe that what is correct in one area may not be correct
in
  others.  I don't mean to raise the gun issues here, but do so to
  illustrate something...

I do not like having guns in my household.  I do not have an issue with
others owning guns.  If I ever feel I *need* a gun, I shall desire that
such a gun be available *legally*.  If it isn't available legally, I
likely WILL attain one if I feel I need it that badly.

Likewise, I do not favor abortion.  Oddly enough, I am *PRO* choice in
this matter.  I strongly believe that it is an issue that should be
weighed by the woman and man involved in this situation.  I also believe
that if society forces a man to be responsible for that life he had a
part
in conceiving - whether he intended it or not, then said man should also
have the right to *block* an abortion.

Those two viewpoints raised above are not raised to FORCE anyone else to
agree with me.	They merely outline to those of you here on this list,
that this is what makes me - ME.  It outlines the simple fact that I am
not YOU.  But if we can have a good natured discussion on this topic, we
are blessed with a more 3 dimensional enjoyment of each other - instead
of
just "wargames".  I don't know who you are as a person, or where you
live,
or where you grew up - but I'd like to know you as a person rather than
the originator of electrons that splash on this screen.  Hell, I'd dare
say I'd like to be able to enjoy you as the person you are rather than a
nameless individual who is one Six billionth of Earth's teeming masses
;)

	    Hal

PS - don't let anyone's whines drive ya away.  Delete delete delete when
you have to, laugh when you can, and contribute to the process of
reminding everyone we *ALL* are people to be respected....

Prev: Re: OT: Time to Bomb Saddam... Next: Re: Delete Keys OT (Was OT: Time to Bomb Saddam...)