Prev: Re: [FT] Nobel Armarda Next: Re: The Miniatures page - Brigade News

[FT] Bases Re: [FT] Nobel Armarda and really big ships...

From: devans@n...
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 07:35:37 -0600
Subject: [FT] Bases Re: [FT] Nobel Armarda and really big ships...

>So who makes metal bases now days?  Didn't Geo-Hex used to?

Yepper, and I had a major love/hate relationship with them. Loved the
massive, nicely tic'd base, hated the cast 'rod' that never seemed to
fit
either base or ship well enough, even with plenty o' putty.

I'm fairly certain the bases were marked 'Capricorn Space', so I've
wondered why I've never seen Jon offer them, even as special orders.
Perhaps the moulds died long ago.

The Monday Knight Productions ships had metal bases with a weird, pointy
star shape, but I never mounted one up to be able to give details.

As I've waxed nostalgic, and once started, I'm difficult to divert, the
old
Star Frontier ships had lead, double X (Mexican Beer?) bases, that used
thin, stiff wire for the upright. You'll poke your eye out, kid.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] Nobel Armarda Next: Re: The Miniatures page - Brigade News