Prev: RE: [OT] Re: Machine Guns (was Power Armour Weapons) Next: Was: Re: The Tonk! Now: Please CLIP YOUR MESSAGES

GZG Figures arrived

From: glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:40:47 PST
Subject: GZG Figures arrived

Well, while waiting for the Brigade stuff I thought I would ooh and aah
over the goodies that arrived Tuesday (Nice speed Mr. T!) on the steps.

First the 25 mm stuff (yes, for Stargrunt and Starguard I still get the
occasional 25 mm figure):

1) The Amerindian Merc Scout - Excellent figure.  I have my Beastmaster
figure.  Roughly 23 mm from sole of foot to eyes.   Nice detailing on
belt gear, nice pistol grip looking combat shotgun,   uniform could pass
for civilian outdoor wear clothing if painted right.  I see no flash to
trim and I think the seam line is very hard to follow since it is so
slight.  Superb work.

2) The female Merc with grenade launcher.   Also 23 mm to eyes.  Well, I
was hoping to recreate Beastmaster's Ark but this figure will need
modification for that...  Shoulder plates, partial back plate and breast
plate body armor details will require some creative paint and probably
some file and/or exacto work.	A great figure but not perfect for my
use
as cast.  There is lead to trim off the bottom of the base but no
biggie.
 snip, snip file, done.  Her hair is too short for the ideal look but
maybe some creativity will fix that.  There is small amount od flash
between legs but a quick exacto knife session will fix that easily.  The
GL is small enough top pass for a futuristic PDW (Personal Defense
Weapon, Beth)  I like it.

3) The UNSC figure (female with IPW) - I was checking these out as deign
ideas for the space mice.  26 mm to the eye slit in the helmet.  The
helmet could cover a short snout face, some felt dots could imply ear
covers in the helmet.  I was not going to use the 25 mm figure for the
mice but was wanting to see what the 15 mm figures (below) compared to
the 25 mm figures if I went that route.  There is a vent stub on the
right side of the helmet it appears, the flattened back of the helmet
has
some light pitting, there is some flash to be fingernail clippered where
the left hand is under the barrel of the IPW.  What I think is the seam
line appears to blend in with the lines of the leg armor.  Generally an
excellent to very good figure.

4) Just because, I ordered a Hammer's Slammer figure with closed visor
HS
05 B.  26 mm to eye level.  No flash noted, seam lines look very
unobtrusive.  This dismounted crewman could double (with pistol and long
arm) as heavy firepower police, light security merc, or a guard in light
combat gear on sentry duty.  Very nice.

15 mm figures - I ordered some UNSC (1package) to evaluate for Space
Mice.  Six riflemen (3 of pose 1, two pose 2, 1 pose 3) the last has a
slightly larger weapon (shotgun or marksman??; one SAW or clip fed GL, 1
SL pointing (weapon looks similar to rifleman #6.)  Every figure has
crotch flash; the SL and pose two have some flash around armpits or
helmets to trim.  The helmets lack some (because of scale I believe) of
the flattened snout look but these are good candidates for mice with the
addition of a tail I think.  Not perfect for that but good.  No final
decision on yea or nay yet.  Most of you know I do not have 15 mm
figures
except for SF so I am not filled with experience or expertise about 15
mm
figures but these are good.  Not as good as the  OOP 15 mm Ral Partha SF
figures were but very nice.

6 mm figures -

2 x T22 - 6 eight wheeled tanks for my PHR troops.  Very nice wheeled
MBTs with minor flash on turrets and tank bodies.  These will fit in and
fill a niche very nicely.

K-01 and K-02.	No, not kravak but MDC armed NEA tanks (two sizes) and
these have slightly less flash but will fit perfectly in the small NEA
force I want to field.	I have 3 and two second hand tanks of these
numbers so I need to get a single K-02 since the NEA TO&E is threes for
units (or more likely field the 2 figure element as a HQ unit.)

Excellent work Mr. T!

Muchas Gracias,
Glenn

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Prev: RE: [OT] Re: Machine Guns (was Power Armour Weapons) Next: Was: Re: The Tonk! Now: Please CLIP YOUR MESSAGES