Prev: Re: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon Next: Re: Need help identifying what I ordered a while ago

RE: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon

From: "david smith" <bifsmith207@h...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:13:00 +0000
Subject: RE: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon

Only 400 rpm ROF? With modern materials and production I would expect
somewhat high ROF myself. And as for cooling the barrel, which is easier
maneuver, a barrel with large fins to dissapate the heat to the air or a

barrel with a water jacket and 2 pipes leading to a radiator mounted on
the
back of the PA? (after all, the surface area determines the heat
disapation
rate, and I would prefere the heat disapation fins somewhere where they
will
not interfere with the PAs troopers ability to fight).

Another question is are gataling guns (the multi barreled rotating ones)

rotating to allow the barrels to cool between firing or is there a
separate
firing chamber for each barrel and the gun reloads while the barrel is
rotating, so allowing the increadably high ROF the are capable of
(thinking
of the modern versions like the Phlanix or the gattaling in the A-10).

BIF

>From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
>For a powered trooper, a water cooled gun with a very streamlined
jacket
>(and armored), a 400 rpm rate and given a good supply of ammo, could
keep
>the heads down on a large number of fuzzy wuzzies or what ever you want
>call a nasty group of low tech creatures/people you want to keep at
bay.

Overloaded with spam? With MSN 8, you can filter it out
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=32&DI=1
059

Prev: Re: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon Next: Re: Need help identifying what I ordered a while ago