Prev: Re: More Hammer's Slammers news Next: Re: FMA-WW2 Weapons

Re: FMA-WW2 Weapons

From: Damond Walker <dwalker@s...>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 08:37:03 -0500
Subject: Re: FMA-WW2 Weapons

On 3/6/03 1:43, "Geoffery Rogers" <geofferyr@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Your getting into murky waters there if you think all mg's are the
same.
> German tactics evolved arround using the squad MG 34 or later MG 42 as
the
> main killer, the riflemen where just there to protect it. Both being
the
> first general purpose machine guns (GPMG) and having high rates of
fire. The
> MG 42 1200rpm (rounds per minute) or 20 a second, about double the
.30cal
> browning.

    I'm aware of the major differences between some of the German and
American equipment during the war (by no means all of it though).

    While the German MGs could certainly pour lead in vast quantities
they
were still limited to the amount of ammunition they could carry.  Have
any
idea what the standard load was for a German gunner/assistant gunner?

    With that in mind I might increase the impact die for german MGs to
D10
to represent the lead-wall it can create.  I guess I'll have to try it.

Damond

Prev: Re: More Hammer's Slammers news Next: Re: FMA-WW2 Weapons