Prev: RE: FMA Sheep Next: RE: FMA Sheep

P-I-I-I-I-G-S I-I-I-N S-P.... oh darn. It's supposed to be MICE!

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:31:31 -0500
Subject: P-I-I-I-I-G-S I-I-I-N S-P.... oh darn. It's supposed to be MICE!

Glenn wrote:
Movement (and terrain) effects

[Tomb] One easy option for the 25 ->
15mm step: Measure one in inches, the
other in cm. That way, you can keep move
distances and terrain effects the same, but
things work in cm rather than inches.

Cover and Concealment

[Tomb] Cover will be easier to obtain. But
it should work just about the same (stop or
not stop a bullet isn't a property of how big
the thing the bullet is heading towards).

Hidden units

[Tomb] Downshift one on spotting rolls
versus these guys?

Spotting

[Tomb] See my last.

Personal armor

[Tomb] Probably I'd make it a level lighter
(Mouse PA might only get D10, partial hard
might only get D8 and partial soft might
only get D4).

Heavy Weapons systems
[Tomb] You mean like a standard
LMG/SAW as a crew served weapon?
GMS/P as man-portable (like humans might
consider GMS/L)?

Target Size (how do get smaller than class
1 and should you?)

[Tomb] No real mechanic for it (assume
you are speaking to vehicles now). You
could UP1 range at such micro-vehicles.
But you have to restrict their weapons
output a lot too.

 Firepower and Impact Close Assault

[Tomb] Down 1 shift in CA? Reluctance to
enter CA (+1 or more on initiation) vs.
larger creatures? FP: Can stay the same,
but Impact might be DOWN 1 from an
equivalent human weapon (So AAR does
D8 impact). Going IP might be easier, so
maybe UP1 on the die they roll (QD?) to go
IP.

 Artillery Fire
[Tomb]: Probably the tend towards lighter
artillery. Or their artillery batteries may
have crews of 15 instead of 6 per gun to
get the same size templates, etc.

Mr. Thomas Barclay
Software Developer & Systems Analyst
thomas.barclay@stargrunt.ca