Prev: RE: Tom's life on the lamb * Next: [OT] 25mm Paper Buildings Available

RE: Alien FT in Stargrunt

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:48:17 +1100
Subject: RE: Alien FT in Stargrunt

G'day,

Balance wise it depends what your humans have got, what kinda space
marine
are we talking? ;)

> Blarads - think giant teddy bears - use 7 man squads...Being big
Ursine
like
> creatures they use "almost PA" body armor (no power but very similar
> protection values. )

We find with PA squads that 7 is large, but that's just us. You may find
that you want to run smaller squads or fewer of them against more
lightly
armed and armoured humans.

> Whistlers - flightless avians...

Shouldn't need twiddling as effectively human in what they use and how
many
there are.

> And Rauwoofs - "...canine species slightly smaller than the human
> norm..." - run in 10 creature sections...

That's big but not unheard of.

> I would like to run these pretty much straight Space Marines TO&E but
> what might I want to do to balance any scenarios versus
> "normal  human" type squads/Platoon?

On first pass run them as they are, if they're too strong then worry
about
"balance" ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: Tom's life on the lamb * Next: [OT] 25mm Paper Buildings Available