Prev: scale incompat issues and scenarios Next: Re: scale incompat issues and scenarios

Re: scale incompat issues and scenarios

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:54:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: scale incompat issues and scenarios

Tanks this size for SG2 (in either 15mm or 25mm) look roughly the same
size as those at any small/medium tank farm. I'd say they could hold
anything their larger DS2 brethern would - POL, chemicals of any sort,
liquid wastes, whatever.

I did an entertaining set of "Industrial Accident" rules in SG2:
http://wind.prohosting.com/~warbard/sg2rules2.html

Used during a semi-skirmish bughunt in a cramped industrial complex,
these
added some interesting twists... One game, the Marines blasted apart a
group of swarming xenomorphs, only to paste the fuel tank a hundred
meters
further down the road as well. The resulting explosion and fire blocked
the only clear road deeper into the complex. The infantry who had to
pick
their way through the warehouses and alleyways beside the road had
xenomorphs on all sides, and when the unit's hoverjeep tried to cut past
the fire, a second explosion wiped the jeep out!

A third explosion & expansion of the fire later in the game blocked the
road entirely, and lit up the warehouse across the way! To get back to
the
main gate the Marines had to hack thru all the other alleys and
warehouses
again, and most of them got cut up and eaten...

I've got a box of industrial scenery - tanks, pipes, etc - and some
industrial accidents really made everyone very respectful of those
hazard
labels I'd spent so much time adding to the scenery!

Actually, Jaime's got my box of industrial scenery - hey Jaime, we
should
get together for a game of something next month!

Brian.

Prev: scale incompat issues and scenarios Next: Re: scale incompat issues and scenarios