Prev: Re: [DSIII] Next: Re: GZG ECC VI has ended

RE: The GZG ECC VI Quote Board

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:01:38 -0500
Subject: RE: The GZG ECC VI Quote Board

>Stuart (referring to a Pathane that just had a close encounter with
[old
religious women group]

The London Ladies' Temperance Society, tagging along with the Brit
column
to save the soldiers from the Evils of Drink.  They also managed to crew
an
artillery piece and fire a round at attacking Pathans; the Pathans then
captured the gun but the Temperance Society (played by RickR) managed to
convert one of them.

>Unknown - "Follow the sheep! Follow the sheep!"

That was me, conning the Great White Hunter

>Stuart - "The sheep were boring."

I think that was when the Great White Hunter's dog Blinky left off
chasing
the sheep and went over to attack (and kill!) the Pathan shepherd boy.

>Stuart (Referring to a close assault combat  where the Pathanes killed
7 charging Brits and lost only one of their own) - "Guys? Can I point
something out? Those are colonial regulars. I've played a lot of
colonial games. And that sucks."

It was worse than that.  A Gurkha unit attacked the Pathans (who were
holding Emelia and her duenna) and died like dogs--I think it was
Pathans
8, Gurkhas 0.  The love-struck Leftenant Yeatman-Briggs then led an
attack
by the Brit regulars and it was Brits 6, Pathans 1.  The unit went on to
attack another Pathan building, leaving behind the Leftenant (who was
busy
proposing)...and got slaughtered, with the survivors breaking and
routing,
inspiring Stuart's comment.

>Mike Hudak - "Who's ever dice these are, I want to buy them!"

Jerry then said "These are the dice that I can't hit the side of a barn
with!" and Mike immediately replied "So they should be cheap!"

>Robert Doughty - "You shot my friends! I'll shoot your friends!"
>(bummer that the ship he was speaking to turned out to be just out
of arc)

One of Vincent's Islamic Fed ships shot (and destroyed? don't recall) a
KV
ship.  Robert, on the KV side, wanted to shoot back at that ship, but it
was at the edge of the IF formation and just out of arc.  Thus "I'll
shoot
your friend" rather than "I'll shoot you"

>Adrian during FMA Sheep - "Can I spend an activation to recock this
sheep?"

  Adrian had found a Full Metal Attack Sheep and used it to fire at the
other side, but he had to spend an action to get it ready to fire again.

  Oh, by the way...these quotes from Found Me A Sheep are strictly
conjectural, there was no event, no one can prove anything, look at the
little blinky red light here...

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [DSIII] Next: Re: GZG ECC VI has ended