Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out! Next: Re: [OT] Re: Alignment Issues

RE: Soap bubbles?

From: Randall Joiner <rljoiner@m...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:43:48 -0800
Subject: RE: Soap bubbles?

It could also represent several attack runs that were aborted, several
faints, simple manuevering to avoid AA (or is that anti-spacecraft? :)
fire, getting into and out of actual range (just cause the range of a
fighter is 6" doesn't mean the weapons have that range...) It could also

involve several time slices of killing inertia (fighter engines are
never
explained) then reaccerating, etc.

Rand.

At 06:42 AM 2/20/03 -0800, you wrote:
>"The last time I looked, the time span was 15 minutes
>per turn.   One would hope that in a couple hundred
>years one SQUADRON per minute woule ba able to attack."
>

>Actually, you could look at it like, 15 minutes is the amount of time
it
>takes for a certain amount of squadrons to set up and successfully
enact an
>attack run. It sounds weird but in a game where turns cover longer
periods
>of time a lot of what goes on in a turn is more representative then
>specific.
>
>Jason
>This message (including any attachments) contains confidential
information
>intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by
law.  If
>you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.
Any