Prev: Re: Soap bubbles? Next: Re: Soap bubbles?

Re: Soap bubbles?

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:52:09 +0100
Subject: Re: Soap bubbles?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Hillsgrove" <mikeah@cablespeed.com>

> Not really.  The attendent benefit includes survivability. It does
force
you
> to build a ship that a sane individual would be willing to serve in.
> soap bubble is really a cheat, a way to build a killer force that no
> responsible military could ever sanction.  Looking at it from the
> perspective of "my sons and daughters  have to serve on that ship".
Imagine
> if our warships had cardboard walls and were held together by duct
tape.
> Why use steel when wax paper or doped canvass will do?

Haven't had that much experience playing with/against sosp bubble
carriers.
But I understood that  the fighters , by attacking the opposition,
effectively protect the carriers, so that they rarely are engaged ? If
that
is a successful tactic and soap bubbles rarely get hit, it would seem to
me
an acceptable tactic even in "real" life.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Soap bubbles? Next: Re: Soap bubbles?