Prev: Re: Soap bubbles? Next: Re: Soap bubbles?

Re: Soap bubbles?

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:06:39 +0100
Subject: Re: Soap bubbles?

Randall Joiner wrote:

>While I can't change someone's luck, and I can't beat the genius, rules
can be
>changed to level the playing field and hopefully allow the most
creativity
>with
>the least amount of cheese possible.  Especially when there is a
fundamental
>flaw in a part of the game.

<big hand of applause>

This is precisely why the playtest list is looking at ways to balance
fighters-vs-everything and large-vs-small ships, respectively.

If, which Stiltman kinda suggested, you *must* use scatterguns to be
able
to handle enemy fighters, and you *must* use plasma bolts to allow your
fighters to be of any use against enemy scatterguns... then the game
isn't
very generic at all, and the space for creativity is getting rather
restricted :-(

As for PDS being too powerful - that depends very much on how many you
have. One single PDS isn't very powerful at all, like :-/

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Soap bubbles? Next: Re: Soap bubbles?