Prev: Re: Soap bubbles? Next: RE: Scale for SG

Re: Soap bubbles?

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:23:47 -0500
Subject: Re: Soap bubbles?

At 4:54 PM -0800 2/18/03, Jaime Tiampo wrote:
>Strangely enough the move modernly is to thinly armoured warships.
Ships
>with bulkheads thin enough to let missiles pass through without setting
>off the warheads are more survivable then those that have hard armour
>and let the missile explode.

The through and through hits of bombs (or UXBs) during the Falklands
war is a good example of this. Missile warheads are pretty fragile
things though. They seem to break up rather quickly and cause more
damage by virtue of their propellant burning than by explosive effect.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: Soap bubbles? Next: RE: Scale for SG