Prev: Re: DS: Walkers Next: Re: DS: Walkers

Imre's comments

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 15:08:56 -0500
Subject: Imre's comments

I'd much rather have a sniper rifle in a bar
room brawl then a bar stool, bottle of bear,
or my bare fist, the typical weapons.

[Tomb] I think a "bottle of bear" sounds
like a very lethal close combat weapon,
personally. Grrrrrawl! Big fangs and nasty
claws.....

[Tomb] Plus, I think your comment reflects
you don't do a lot of time bar-room
brawling. I think a beer bottle (as
differentiated from the bear bottle in
question) is a great weapon. Short, fast,
good for one bludgeon then turns into a
knife, etc. And I'm a big fan of the barstool
too, especially if I can get about two
lengths of metal or wood off of it that are
about 28" long. Then even your rifle-
clubbing individual isn't going to be happy.

  That sniper rifle will make a really nice
club /
pole arm that can take a bar stool and the
guy swinging it apart.

[Tomb] Most of close combat comes down
to training. But at distances (depending on
the study) under 15', most long arms end
up more dangerous to the user than they
are to others.

  I like pole arms.  But it is a little hard on
the scope...  Well, your axiom about a
sniper rifles in a bar room brawl is certainly
a matter of perspective...  As the way
beams in FT work...

[Tomb] This much is true, so arguments
about it are kind of "position statements"
rather than anything that can ever come to
any conlusion.

Mr. Thomas Barclay
Software Developer & Systems Analyst
thomas.barclay@stargrunt.ca

Prev: Re: DS: Walkers Next: Re: DS: Walkers