Prev: Re: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment... Next: Imre's comments

Re: DS: Walkers

From: ShldWulf@a...
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 14:45:20 EST
Subject: Re: DS: Walkers

I used to play B-Tech quite a bit and it's "Uber-mech" bias always irked
me
to no end. I actually dropped most of my playing after Clan tech came
out
because it only got worse. (That is NOT to say I don't love the computer

games.... sometimes it's GOOD to be the Mech ;o)

I was a little leary about getting into the new Mechwarrior 'clix' game
by
WizKids. However it's a VERY well balanced combined-arms game and plays
very
well and very fast. (We'll see when the new expansion comes out this
month,
some of that artillery is down right scary :o)

But as for DS and walkers, I've decided that in my background, (based on
the
Star Frontiers game :o) I'll probably drop most of the signiture and
such
'penalties' for having WALKER type movement because my 'walkers' are
going to
be multipedal tanks, rather than upright robots. I'm doing this to give
the
background 'flavor' as suggested by Jon ;o)

The Sathar in the background are the 'enemy' and their personal movement
is
like that of a snake or worm. (They 'crawl') Though they CAN use two
limbs as
rudimentary legs. I postulate that they took this idea, (they can move
bit
faster and 'stand' a bit more stable on thier 'legs) and applied it to
thier
vehicle technology. Instead of using 'wheels' they will use multiple
legs.
Along with some tracked and hover vehicles.

Randy

Prev: Re: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment... Next: Imre's comments