Prev: Re: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment... Next: Re: My Life Story, Philosophy of Design, Colonization Patterns, and other trivia, was Re: DS: Walkers

Re: DS: Walkers

From: "Joe" <ft4breedn@h...>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 12:10:33 -0600
Subject: Re: DS: Walkers

This list has some great gamers on it.... I just wanted to put that out
there...
I have never had the opportunity to make it to a con, but I have been
lurking for about 5 years, if not more... I just got orders to Norfolk,
so I
hope I'll eventually get to meet some of you guys (and gals... Beth) at
Con in that area... The spirit IS in playing the game, not manipulating
the
rules...
Joe

> > When I played Battletech, I did favour mechs over infantry and
vehicles,
> > mostly because I didn't think the game was supposed be "realistic".
The
> > background says mechs are the ultimate fighting machine. Who cares?
just
> > want to get in my giant robot and beat the shit out of the other
guy's
> > giant robot.
> >
> > I've played one game where someone took their gauss rifle VTOL
against
my
> > mech. Every time he'd lose initiative, he'd hide. Everytime he'd
win,
he'd