Prev: Re: DS: Walkers Next: Re: DS: Walkers

Re: DS: Walkers

From: Damond Walker <dwalker@s...>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 16:26:27 -0500
Subject: Re: DS: Walkers

On 2/7/03 15:31, "Symon Cook" <Symon@ereshkigal.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Many years ago (pre Clan) I read a very interesting series of
Battletech
> design philosophy articles by a veteran player in a magazine. His
final
> article covered his discovery that a well designed force of GEV could
> take out an equivalent or 'superior' force of mechs EVERY time. He
> apparently used to demonstrate this at clubs and cons. I was amazed
that
> actually Battletech had got something plausible.

    The magical vehicle in the game was the VTOL.  It was possible to
create
a 5 ton vtol that cost next to nothing -- mounting a single LRM-5 missle
rack.

    People didn't take them too often because, well, they were easy to
kill
-- but when massed together they cause some major damage.

Damo

Prev: Re: DS: Walkers Next: Re: DS: Walkers