Prev: RE: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game] Next: [OT] Canada was Space Programs was: Columbia

Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 10:55:01 -0600
Subject: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 23:26:12 -0800, "Eric Foley" <stiltman@teleport.com>
wrote:

>But the simple statement, "Fighters' strength scales non-linearly" is
not
>true -- it's the gap over the enemy's defenses that scales non-linearly
in
>value, and that gap scales in _both_ directions.

Sorry, you're wrong. The point value of 20 fighter squadrons is less 20
x the
point value of 1 fighter squadron. The effectiveness of 20 squadrons is
greater than 20 x the effectiveness of 1 squadron. This has been shown
several
times on the list. The simple statement that "fighter strength scales
non-linearly" is true.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: RE: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game] Next: [OT] Canada was Space Programs was: Columbia