Prev: Re: [OT] Space Programs was: Columbia Next: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

RE: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:40:53 -0700
Subject: RE: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

If you stick an ADFC on each ship you again get dilution of firepower -
you are paying for 10-12 ADFC when you only really need 3-6.  The
additional mass used by the ADFC's could be used to bulk up more
dedicated PDS ships.  Then if you are going to go down the dedicated PDS
ship, then you end up the Aegis type cruiser with 12-18 PDS and 2-3
ADFC.

So if the enemy shows up with 6 or less squadrons, you're practically
immune to fighter attack