Prev: Re: Geo-Hex To Close Next: forwarded from [Starguard] 25 mm figures question (features on figures)

Forwarded from [Starguard] Beast Masters

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 14:35:53 PST
Subject: Forwarded from [Starguard] Beast Masters

From: "triphibious <triphibious@juno.com>" <triphibious@juno.com>
To: Starguard@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Starguard] Beast Masters
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 18:53:46 -0000

Having just re-read Lord of Thunder and read (first time) Beast
Master's Ark, I am ready to introduce a scenario to my war games
oriented friends involving such a force. I am debating between
Starguard, Stargrunt or A. Mark Ratner's old Space Marines rules but
it's the figures that I need the most guidance on from others,
please.

I can do this in either 15 mm (MY only 15 mm figures are SF) or 25 mm
(almost the only 25 mm figures I have any more) instead of my beloved
6 mm because this would clearly be a fire team or squad oriented
scenario.

Several questions:

1) What figures (animals and ultra light infantry figures for a Beast
Master team leader) exist in 15 or 25 mm scales?

2) What animals besides the ones mentioned in the books are
possibilities? (Books, IIRC, mention felines, wolves, eagles,
paraowls, coyotes, meercats but by implication these probably weren't
only animals utilized) And who makes them?

3) Are there any web sites that have addressed these issues so I don't
have to re-invent the wheel?

4) The books (Andre Norton) show Amerindians as Beast Masters but
obviously other nations (Maoris for example) would have enough
background fluff to make candidates for 'Beast Master' potential
candidates. Any other suggestions for identifiable groups (ethnic or
otherwise) that would be useful and any source have identifiable
figures of that group desired. The heroine's mother (She is
Cheyenne-Irish) was probably a "sensitive" so the implication is that
other groups  might have had the empathy/genes to be able to connect
to enhanced non-humans so I guess I am looking for groups with
historically identifiabley close ties to the non-technical part of the
world and traditions of (for lack of a better word) 'totems' relating
to animals. Is that clear enough?

			      Gracias, Glenn

Remember Starguard is the Game That would Not Die because of you, the
players!

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Prev: Re: Geo-Hex To Close Next: forwarded from [Starguard] 25 mm figures question (features on figures)