Prev: Re: Uber Dirtside website? Next: Re: Uber Dirtside website?

[OT] Posleen/Ringo/Weber and his CD

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:00:47 -0500
Subject: [OT] Posleen/Ringo/Weber and his CD

Glenn said:
Saint Louis is enjoying single digit
days/negative degree
nights	lately but it will (according to the
weather
guessers) 50 in less than a week then nose
dive time again
for the temp.  How cold for how long to
affect their
performance?

[Tomb] Interestingly, his argument for why
Canada wasn't attacked (or at least not
much) was that it was too cold. Odd that,
as I'm sure Toronto has had many days in
winter that weren't all that much colder
than NY or even DC. And the summers up
here would be fine. I think this was a bit of
silliness on Mr. Ringo's behalf. I'd have
been happier if he said "other than the
corridor and BC's lower mainland, not much
worth paying attention to".

The odd thing is, with years to prepare,
you'd think that Canada, the US, and a
number of the other nations would have
been more effective at caching materials
and planning for guerilla action...

Ah well, enjoy the read, don't sweat the
details.

On another book related note, I got War of
Honor (Weber's latest installment). Other
than finding it a mediocre read (some of his
characters have to act overly dense to
make his plot work), I was most taken by
the included CD. The CD includes PILES of
books in electronic format, including some I
haven't even seen in softcover yet (the only
way I buy em). So I'm getting a chance to
read some books that I can't buy yet in the
format I'm willing to pay for (I read too
much). Pretty neat, and on a big monitor,
not hard to read sitting in my easy chair.
Nicely done, Baen! I'm so happy with the
basic approach and some of the underlying
philosophical choices Baen (and the likes of
Eric Flint) have made, I'm going to be
buying the books in softcover even after
I've read them, just as a vote of support.

If you can get a hold of this book/CD
combo (harder now), well worth the effort.

Tomb Raider
Mr. Thomas Barclay
Software Developer & Systems Analyst
thomas.barclay@stargrunt.ca

Prev: Re: Uber Dirtside website? Next: Re: Uber Dirtside website?