Prev: Re: Search for a book Next: Re: Search for a book

Re: Search for a book

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:59:27 -0500
Subject: Re: Search for a book

At 11:28 PM 1/22/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Hopefully someone on the list can jog my memory (using something less
>forceful than a Narn bat, thanks for the offer, Tom).	I've read a
>book but can't remember the title or author.  The premise is that some
>people can slip away from the "real world" into Faerie; as you go
>farther away from Earth, people become more nomadic, and therefore
>less inclined to high tech items (eg they can build sailing ships but
>don't stick around long enough to build silicon-chip plants).	The
>hero, his secretary who he's been trying to rescue, and his friends
>are nearly sacrficed in a voodoo ritual.
>
>This ring a bell for anyone?

Yup.  _Chase the Morning_, by Michael Scott Rohan.  The sequel is _The
Gates of Noon_, and I can't recall the title of the third book in the
series.

Quite liked them myself; they'd make an excellent RPG background.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Search for a book Next: Re: Search for a book