Prev: Re: Alan's Satellite Facts Next: Re: Limits of technology

Re: Limits of technology

From: ShldWulf@a...
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 01:21:21 EST
Subject: Re: Limits of technology

In a message dated 12/14/02 3:57:32 AM Mountain Standard Time,
aebrain@webone.com.au writes:

> One problem that the USA suffers is the NIH syndrome: if the USA
doesn't
> have

Oh so true in many cases....
Take for example the Hyper-X, which NASA is saying will be the "first"
operational scram-jet. (Never mind the ANZAC's already did it :o)

>I might add that this problem is not confined to the USA.

Again true. Take for example the ESA's publicity blitz on it's "never
before
done" Ion-engine probe. (Deep Space 1 anyone? :o)

National pride does quite well overcoming inconvenient things like facts

quite readily :o)

Randy

Prev: Re: Alan's Satellite Facts Next: Re: Limits of technology