Prev: RE: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications Next: RE: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

RE: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:13:01 -0500
Subject: RE: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

At 9:29 AM -0700 12/6/02, B Lin wrote:
>Reading P.24 more closely, my interpretation of how many C/C systems
>are needed is zero.  The rules only cover the LOSS of an onboard C/C
>unit, it doesn't specify that one is required to begin with and it
>describes the effects of losing one.  Thus if you don't have one on
>board to start with, you don't suffer any penalties because you
>don't have one to lose - by transitive interpretation of the rules,
>if you don't have an onboard C/C then you start out receiving orders
>through off-board channels, as you would after an onboard C/C is
>destroyed.
>
>The disadvantage would be more limited onboard rally capabilites.

I think the easy way to look at it, is, "Since the old man isn't in
harms way, why are we going to (keep) sticking our necks out for him?
After all, most of squad two just got blown to shreds by that NAC
mortar strike and there are some Gurka's out on Squad three's left
flank. We know, because Pierre squad four's  com-tech reported close
combat with the little demons and then he stopped stopped
transmitting. Reynard said he could hear screams and I believe him."

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: RE: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications Next: RE: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications