Prev: Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications Next: Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

Re: [FAQ] FH Lebanon and Carthage

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 13:17:43 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FAQ] FH Lebanon and Carthage

--- "laserlight@quixnet.net" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
wrote:

> I think John already claimed the Christian Arabs;

IIRC, some 14-15 million of 'em.  Also the non-Muslim
population of Anatolia.

> the Druze might very well
> move off on their own but I can't see them building
> a trading empire like

I think the New Israelis got the Druze??  Noam?

> the Phoenicians did.	Ideally you'd want a decadent
> nation with a good
> naval tradition and a mercantile empire.  Hmm...NRE
> vs NAC?

Which in which role?

Both of 'em have a naval tradition (well, the NRE has
a shorter one, but it's no less strong).

The problems faced by the land-based power would be
more dramatic than in the historical Punic War due to
the ability of FT ships to provide real-time
intelligence and fire support.	Rather like operating
without air power against the US military.

John

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications Next: Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications