Prev: Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications Next: Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

Re: [OT] Twilight Imperium

From: devans@n...
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 06:59:17 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT] Twilight Imperium

***
> Has anyone played Twilight Imperium?	What are you opinions on this
game?

Yes- I have played both incarnations and it is a great game - a little
too
much record keeping at times, but fun none the less.
***

You might want to check the archives; I think this was discussed.
Wherever
I saw it, I recall sentiments that parts of each version was preferred.
believe some used the chits from v1 with the rules from v2, with various
re-introduced v1 rules.

***
> Has anyone used it as a campaign game for Full Thrust?

I have plans to do just that, the fiddly bits - like rules for example
elude
me.
The tiles make it easy to set up a universe to play in and close
proximity
forces quick and aggressive play - the plastic figures look pretty cool
too!
***

This ends up a general question with which I have long struggled. Many
games have good maps, some good rule structures for production of ships,
few with planet control. You're almost always doing lots of fiddling.
It's
almost better to take a queue from ole PE Cole's cryptic comments about
the
relationship between Federation and Empire and Star Fleet Battles, and
ask
if FTII is a good alternate combat system for whatever game.

Wish I could stick around for other's comments on this, a topic I can
really warm to, but I'm about off to the hospital; save any best wishes
for
welcomes, which I hope to see in about 2-3 weeks.

Vac-heads rule!

The_Beast