Prev: [Modelling] Information Request: Paint Removal Next: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams

Re: [Modelling] Information Request: Paint Removal

From: Kevin Walker <sage@c...>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 01:52:13 -0600
Subject: Re: [Modelling] Information Request: Paint Removal

I'm used a cleaner named "Simple Green" to remove paint from plastic
and metal minis. I typically let the figure soak for a day or two with
no ill effects and even left several GW plastic minis soaking for over
two weeks by accident without a problem. The paint doesn't dissolve as
readily as it did with brake fluid, but then again the cleaner
mentioned above didn't eat my bare skin either. Best of all is Simple
Green is suppose to be biodegradable.

I've never tried plastics with brake fluid. One one to see is take a
discarded piece of sprue from similar types of minis (you got to have
some in a parts box right?) :)	and give that a test to see what
happens.

Kevin