Prev: Asphalt Next: Re: [Modelling] Information Request: Paint Removal

[Modelling] Information Request: Paint Removal

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 02:24:29 -0500
Subject: [Modelling] Information Request: Paint Removal

Hi all!

I want to repaint some old Games OrcShop
GeneBorrowers. They're made of some kind of
plastic (sorry Chris, can't tell you what kind...
whatever old space-hulk figs were made from).
Now, I've used brake fluid very successfully to
remove paint from FSE white metal figs, and
acetone to remove the epoxy holding them to
washers. But I suspect acetone would eat the
plastic. What about the brake fluid though? Will
it eat the plastic? Can anyone speak semi-
authoritatively on this?

And in a related note, assuming I wanted ot
repaint some rather expensive armourcast
resins (since I have an airbrush!), would brake
fluid be safe for the resin? (Maybe David of DLD
or someone might have some idea about what
might be good or bad for stripping paint from
resin?)

Since I'm now in the ranks of the under-
employed (I guess now that I'm a
contractor/consultant, I can't call that
unemployed, though the distinction at the bank
isn't very great....), I seem to have some time
over the holidays to catch up some painting
and model building projects.

Tomb.
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: Asphalt Next: Re: [Modelling] Information Request: Paint Removal