Prev: RE: [SG] Mixed combat units Next: Re: [SG] Mixed combat units

Re: Mixed combat units

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:16:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Mixed combat units

Richard said:
> I stand corrected. I guess it depends how fundimentalist you see
these
> nations,

Let's say "repressive" rather than "fundamentalist", since that's more
accurate.

> I haven't really thought about the IF,

In some places it would be extremely unlikely (Saudi, Taliban
Afghanistan); in others it has already happened.  Hey, it's your
universe, do what you want--there's justification either way.

> but I see NI as a very
> insular possibly even pre-rabinic style Jewish state. 100% Kosher
etc.

Modern Israel is not that way.	I suppose having the Holy Land nuked
could change that, though.
http://www.isayeret.com/overview/girls/overview.htm

 > BTW are these female soldiers in the way we have them in the UK
(i.e.
> everyone but the people who actually fight) or like they appear in
say the
> GZG range, with a rifle and fighting like any other grunt?

The photos I've seen have been infantry with rifles; I believe UAE
sent mixed units to Kosovo as peacekeepers.  Whether they ever
actually fought or not, I don't know.

Prev: RE: [SG] Mixed combat units Next: Re: [SG] Mixed combat units