Prev: Re: [SG] Mixed combat units Next: Re: Mixed combat units

RE: [SG] Mixed combat units

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:18:23 +1100
Subject: RE: [SG] Mixed combat units

On Tuesday, October 29, 2002 12:13 PM, Damond Walker
[SMTP:dwalker@syncreticsoft.com] wrote:

> > I think part of the reason there are few women in front line
fighting
> units
> > in the West is the higher education and health system.  One of the
> problems
> > I understand is that it can be difficult for women to maintain their
> health
> > while in the field for extended periods due to the biology involved.
> > Of course, in the future, I'm sure all those problems will have been
> > overcome, so there's no reason for them not to join the grunts.
> >

>     Social problems as well.	I was told (during basic training) that
having
> a woman on the front lines would be a Bad Thing because it would cause
the
> male troopers to put themselves at undo risk in order to protect them
from
> harm.  Combat is risky...and folks get themselves killed helping a
buddy
but
> the higher ups feel it would be even worse when a woman is in there as
well.

I wasn't going to mention those, as it starts getting into the baser
instincts of man (esp regarding enemy troops).

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies - http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/

Prev: Re: [SG] Mixed combat units Next: Re: Mixed combat units