Prev: Re: Mixed combat units Next: RE: FH: FTL communication et al

Re: Mixed combat units

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:00:35 +0000
Subject: Re: Mixed combat units

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 08:51:05AM -0500, laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:

>Egypt and Iran have had female soldiers, so you can certainly justify
it if
>you wish.

I find it very unlikely that the IFed, or any other power, will have no
female combat troops - I get the feeling from the GZGVerse background
material that everyone's spread pretty thinly, and throwing away 1/3 of
your potential combatant force (not half, because many women won't want
to be in the front lines - 1/3 is a guess) makes no sense.

However, I would find it entirely plausible that units, or even ships,
might have all-male or all-female personnel, particularly in a
"traditionalist" power like the IFed.

Roger

Prev: Re: Mixed combat units Next: RE: FH: FTL communication et al