Prev: RE: turning ships in line ahead? Next: [OT] Lancashire medievals

Re: [RIP] Steven Ambrose

From: bbrush@u...
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:47:10 -0500
Subject: Re: [RIP] Steven Ambrose

Truly a sad day.  Ambrose had gotten to the point where even "joe
citizen"
had heard of him and he helped raise awareness of what was accomplished
by
the people who fought WWII.

Of those books you mentioned I've read "Citizen Soldiers", and "Pegasus
Bridge".  Both are excellent.  I will also give my recommendation on
Band
and D-Day.  The really nice thing about D-Day is that you can read a
chapter independently of the rest of the book and still appreciate it.

Bill