Prev: Re: Fleet structure Next: Cloaks & Subs (close enough) was Re: Fleet structure

Re: Fleet structure

From: Jerry Acord <acord@i...>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:05:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Fleet structure

laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:

[subs & cloaks]

> Depends on how you play cloaking.   If you can't detect a cloaked ship
> and they can't attack from
cloak, then it's not the same.

Naturally any model / comparison breaks down at some point.  But I think

(and I'm no military expert by any means) the basic idea behind the
comparison is valid.  Simplistically, subs can hide, surface ships
can't; sometimes subs can be detected.	Cloaked ships can hide;
sometimes they can be detected (e.g. uncloaking in order to fire).

-- Jerry Acord
acord@imagiware.com

Prev: Re: Fleet structure Next: Cloaks & Subs (close enough) was Re: Fleet structure