Prev: Re: Photographs! Content... no, we're not dead yet... Next: Faux Pas

RE: Fleet structure

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:35:32 -0400
Subject: RE: Fleet structure

>From: staremu star_emu@hotmail.com
>I am trying to get a good handle on ratios and practices today which
could
be translated to Full Thrust.

A lot of people seem to start off that way, but the situation for an FT
fleet is different than that of a modern navy.	FT has no equivalent of
submarine, so there's no need for lots of little ASW platforms.  Think
more
along the lines of pre-WWI fleets, then add some point defence to deal
with
fighters and a few expendable "scout" ships to soak up salvo missiles.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: Photographs! Content... no, we're not dead yet... Next: Faux Pas