Prev: Re: turning ships in line ahead? Next: Re: turning ships in line ahead?

[SG2] Artillery Warhead Alternatives?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 14:08:10 -0500
Subject: [SG2] Artillery Warhead Alternatives?

Hi, gang.

Just wondering if anyone has made any changes to the way artillery
warheads
work in SG2. In SG2 the implication seems to be that every round is a
submunition. The size of the round increases the blast area, but it
doesn't
increase the force of the blast. An armour piercing 80mm mortar round
does D12
x 2 impact, just the same as a 150mm artillery round or a 400mm rocket.

Has anyone considered increasing artillery impact as well as the burst
radius
for larger calibre weapons? For that matter, has anyone thought of
increasing
the impact and potentially _decreasing_ the burst area, representing
individual shells instead of submunitions?

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: turning ships in line ahead? Next: Re: turning ships in line ahead?