Prev: Re: [SGII] Close Encounters Of The Exceedingly Violent Kind Next: Re: [SGII] Close Encounters Of The Exceedingly Violent Kind

Re: [SGII] Close Encounters Of The Exceedingly Violent Kind

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:24:34 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [SGII] Close Encounters Of The Exceedingly Violent Kind

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002 20:58:16 +0200, KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de
(K.H.Ranitzsch) wrote :

> [...]

Well, I want them to be easily beaten in CC...but still be difficult to
kill.  They're short,
skinny, and not very well-trained...but they have the force field to
keep them alive.

I have it!  Grays roll 1d12 in CC, but if they win you divide the roll
by three to determine if
their opponent is actually injured.  If not, both opponents continue
fighting.

So, Gray rolls an 8 on 1d12.
Human rolls a 6.
Gray wins, but 8/3 rounds up to 3...so the human is uninjured.

That way, if the human had rolled a 2, he *would* have been injured.
Gives the Grays a
chance in CC, but not a very good one.

--
John Crimmins