Prev: Re: Mine Probing Next: Re: [SGII] Close Encounters Of The Exceedingly Violent Kind

Re: [SGII] Close Encounters Of The Exceedingly Violent Kind

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 14:25:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [SGII] Close Encounters Of The Exceedingly Violent Kind

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002 14:45:53 -0400 (EDT), "John Crimmins"
<johncrim@voicenet.com> wrote:

>Now, I need to come up with some Close Combat rules that reflect that,
while they are still
>hard to kill, the Grays really suck at hand-to-hand combat.  Maybe a
d12 roll for CC, but if a
>Gray wins he inflicts no damage?

I'll have to read up on the rest of what you wrote before posting ideas.
However, Greys are bad at CC?

Slight spoiler for the movie _Signs_.

You haven't seen the movie _Signs_ with Mel Gibson, have you...? I was
vaguely
disappointed in the movie, myself (I expected something different) but
it does
have an interesting take on Greys in CC. The greys have nasty claws.
More
importantly, they have some sort of gas extruding from an orifice in the
inner
wrist. This is a nasty gas that's very dangerous when inhaled, though
harmless
if not inhaled.

On the other hand, one guy with a baseball bat can take one out almost
single
handed, so maybe they aren't so good in CC after all...

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: Mine Probing Next: Re: [SGII] Close Encounters Of The Exceedingly Violent Kind