Prev: [FT] fighter re-rolls Next: RE: Mine Probing

Re: Mine Probing

From: "Rodney Stott" <RodStott@a...>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:34:29 +1000
Subject: Re: Mine Probing

> At 9:42 AM +1000 10/1/02, Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
> >G'day,
> >
> >Another question while we're on the topic of mines. Can any current
(or
> >potential future) mine types explode when something is just within x
radius
> >instead of right on top? I was talking with a South African friend of
mine
> >how's worked with the species of rat they're using to do the mine
stuff
and

I remember advertising for the Metal Storm System about the use of it
with
either an operator, or set to remote operations for possible firing,
replacing a conventional minefield.

Set up a network of sensors of some kind, anti-vehicle/personal, when
the
trigger is activated the self deployed weapon system blankets the target
zone automatically.
So in cases like this, a minefield might have only 2 or 3 camouflaged
firing
boxes for ordinance, plus several sensor arrays and have the ability
recognise friend or foe, and make battlefield clean up easier.

Here is a link to the Metal Storm Web Site.
http://www.metalstorm.com/

Rodney.

Prev: [FT] fighter re-rolls Next: RE: Mine Probing