Prev: Re: [SG] Scenario: A Change Of Orders II Next: Re: [SG] Scenario: A Change Of Orders II

Re: [SG] Scenario: A Change Of Orders II

From: Edward Lipsett <translation@i...>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:19:43 +0900
Subject: Re: [SG] Scenario: A Change Of Orders II

A few questions.
First, how can you actually get any mileage out of the
corporal:commander
interaction? With plenty of players, I suppose you could stick an
experience
player as corporal and a total novice with delusions of grandeur as
commander, but other than that is there any way to make this more than
just
background story?

Second, while the scenario sounds like a lot of fun, the fact that
you're
playing it at all makes it pretty clear to Blue that there is an enemy
coming.  Without an enemy, he'd be getting pretty peeved at the referee
for
wasting a couple hours running around the countryside, right?
Would it be better to suggest there IS an enemy out there, but totally
different that what he's expecting? There's a lot of this in Heavy Gear
scenarios, done quite well.
Off the top of my head, tell Blue that there are red scouting patrols
coming
in from the west every so often, and have Red be the force you described
in
the east or center.

on 02.9.18 10:16 AM, kaladorn@magma.ca at kaladorn@magma.ca scribbleth:

--
Of all the inanimate subjects, of all men's creations, books are the
nearest
to us, for they contain our very thought, our ambitions, our
indignations,
our illusions, our fidelity to truth and our persistent leaning toward
error.
- Joseph Conrad, "Notes on Life and Letters"
--
Edward Lipsett
Intercom, Ltd.

Prev: Re: [SG] Scenario: A Change Of Orders II Next: Re: [SG] Scenario: A Change Of Orders II